Hegel H590 List $13,500. Reasonable?

So I just saw the Darko Audio review for the Hegel H590 and thought I'd take a look into the price. I'm well aware that their gear is made in China, which isn't the topic of this thread really but it's somewhat related... anyway

Considering that the amp is made in China, is this price reasonable or fair? It puts it into the 5 figure price range which can get you an Accuphase or Luxman top of the line integrated. Or even Pass Labs.

I was honestly very surprised at this price, I thought it would be about half of the price it's going for.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls
@clearthink

We Americans love our country just like you prob love yours.

Your comment was not very nice.  
This entire thread is a crap show, regardless of what country you're from or not from.
Everyone bashes the Chinese. Those folks can make some great products. My speaker (Raidho D3.1's in walnut burl) cabinets are made in china and they are fantastic looking and when you rap them with your knuckles they are very 'dead' sounding. It's all about profit - look at apple products for an example.
@ clear "think":
"...you will realize the USofA has become a cesspool of waste, decay, and corruption..."

and then he says:
"I am always happy to leave it is the least favorite of my travel destinations and I also travel to the Middle East and Russia so what does that tell you about you're great nation! "
From the 'corrupt USA to the ever shining Putin's 'democratic' Russia not to mention 3rd-world illegitimate regimes in the MIddle East -- sounds like this clear"think" fella is more of DumbFart juvenile.

In general terms, if you are willing to spend $13,500 or so on a piece of electronics that amplifies sound in your glorified audio system, there is plenty to pick from without having to advance China's Politburo tyranny and their regime. This is not an iPhone where you are locked into a product/manufacturer.
Liberty must be defended every step of the way -- ignorance is not an option.

example: https://www.cnet.com/news/be-patriotic-buy-american-made-audio/