Tube Sound Question

This is a generic question that I’m sure has been asked.... compared to a solid state setup (amp/preamp)... what percentage of the tube sound would be attributable to the tube preamp vs the tube amp in a tube amp/preamp setup?
snapsc
@noromance

Actually, I started this thread out of curiosity and because I hadn't yet found this thread...which as it turns out, discusses the question in detail.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/for-tube-sound-which-is-more-important-preamp-or-power-amp?hi...
Friend

This is always a very interesting topic for discussion.     Based on my experience throughout the years there is no doubt that the Amplifier  contributes most of the sonic signature to the overall  presentation.   However,   there is also no doubt  that everything affects the overall presentation.  

A good Vacuum Tube System cannot be beat.
Take a look at all the hybrid integrated amps. How many have a solid state preamp and tube power amp compared to tube preamp and solid state power amp? Not many if none. Just sayin'!
A seriously subjective question, but an interesting one.  Consider checking out a Kevin Deal video on Upscale Audio's site.  He talks about tube power amps and preamps, with some discussion relevant to your question.  He ultimate suggests, as a "reasonably" priced system, the McIntosh MC275VI matched to the PS Audio Gain Cell Preamp/Dac.  His argument is that you get "some tube glory" from a tube preamp, but the significant tube effect comes from the tube power amp.