Horn based loudspeakers why the controversy?

As just another way to build a loudspeaker system why such disputes in forums when horns are mentioned?    They can solve many issues that plague standard designs but with all things have there own.  So why such hate?  As a loudspeaker designer I work with and can appreciate all transducer and loudspeaker types and I understand that we all have different needs budgets experiences tastes biases.  But if you dare suggest horns so many have a problem with that suggestion..why?
128x128johnk
Not to mention the 16Hz tone of the lowest pipe organ pedal! Some of the other lower pedals also create sub-40Hz tones, as does, as wolf said, the far left end of the grand piano keyboard. Recordings made in large venues (cathedrals, churches, large theaters) often contain sub-40Hz room sound.

Hi bdp24

I engineered sound for Diane Bish for 3 amazing years on the Ruffatti. Glorious!

mg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/614272918584739/   Doing more designing collecting modifying and restorations not manufactering product anymore so on FB and social media. I owned 2 pairs of AG horns built about a doz bass systems for trio owners. AG are OK horns but integration with bass is a issue but its also a issue for many horns since midbass on down is usually compromised in size or not  horn loaded. If mid bass and bass are proper horns they yield some of the best mid bass and bass availble but as I mentioned above its were product gets compromised  DIY types are free to build proper sized but they are not easily availble maybe this is part of the issue hardly anyone has heard or owned full range all horn loaded systems and they take knowledge and  sometimes real physical work to set up. And face it most just want to easily buy just open box and plug in. But with many things in life sometimes whats easy and convenient is not whats best.
Apparently the XD series has solved a lot of bass integration issues... you guys know anything about that 
I've heard dozens of horn systems.  Of the complete systems, I like: the Edgarhorn systems I've heard; some of the Volti systems I've heard were okay, but not that great for my taste; Klipschorn and Lascala not my favorites; Altec Voice of the Theater not my favorites; Goto-good, but big and expensive); and a few more that I can't remember who built them. 

Back-loaded horn systems include: Beauhorn, Rethm, Charney, and a few others.

Mostly, I've heard custom systems built around Western Electric, International Projector Company, Yoshimura Laboratories, and Jensen --drivers and horns.  I've heard systems that use new drivers from G.I.P (Japan) that are replicas of old Western Electric drivers that sound terrific (they ought to, given the prices of these drivers).

My own system is built around a horn-based system from Strumenti Acustici de Precisione (twin 12" Alnico magnet woofers in an Onken cabinet, compression driver and horn midrange (I swapped out what came with the system and replaced the midrange with a Western Electric 713b driver and a 12025 sectoral horn), and a bullet tweeter.