Soundproofing

I have an unfinished basement space, roughly 1000 sqft that I would like to convert to a TV and 2-channel listening room. The ceiling is open floor joists to to the first floor, any recommendations on soundproofing materials that I could use to rough finish between the joists. Floor/ceiling joists are 2x10's.

Thanks,
David
h2gastech
In my 647 square foot basement dedicated room on concrete slab, and concrete walls on threes sides, which is both; a listening room and home theater I did the following:

1. Joists (14” below floorboards) Spray foam 6 inches of high density
2. Roxul Safe and sound in all walls and ceiling
3. Resilient channel
4. Ceiling  Quiet Rock sheet rock 530 5/8” and additional layer of quiet rock 510 1/2” installed opposite direction need long screws 
4. Walls: quiet rock 530
5. back wall: double wall with Roxul safe and sound in each wall, and quiet rock 510 on each wall assembly front and back with a 1” space between the wall assemblies. 
6. Green Glue on most drywall assemblies.
6. Solid wood door
7. Varied acoustic treatments / diffusion from GIK and vicoustic
8. Floor bamboo dark tone on slab with 4 in one adhesive, glue, noise and vapor barrier, and flexible.

The costs of the soundproof drywall will eat your budget. That is why I mixed 530 and 510 sheetrock. 

Good luck
Double sheet rock on resilient channel is the way to go.  Also, filling the space with the recommended insulation.  The installation of the sheetrock on the channel needs to be perfect.  Any stray screws into the structure will defeat the purpose of the channel.  Also, any air gaps / holes need to be filled with acoustic calk.