Skeletal vs Plinth style turntables

I am pondering a new plinth design and am considering the virtues of making a skeletal or closed plinth design. The motor unit is direct drive. I know that as a direct drive it inherently has very low vibration as opposed to an idler deck (please do not outcry Garrard and Lenco onwners coz I have one of those too) but simple facts are facts belt drive motors spin at 250rpm, Lencos around 1500 rpm, DD 33 or 45 rpm. That being the case that must surely be a factor in this issue. What are your thoughts. BTW I like closed designs as they prevent the gathering of dust.
parrotbee
Further to the above
02-10-15: Richardkrebs
I do not understand how the time line test proves that the pod is not moving? All it is measuring is the platter's speed.
A basic understanding of the physics involved would help.
Halcro's TT is a direct drive Victor 101. This turntable employs active speed correction using servos. The error correction detection can only measure the difference in relative speed between the base and the platter - those who have studied engineering, physics and mathematics at university would recognise that this a closed system.

The POD exists outside the closed system, and as such if the POD is moving, the servo correction cannot be correcting for this outside force as it is not in the measurement loop.

Therefore if the POD is moving, theoretically, it would reveal itself in the timeline test.
Further to the above
02-10-15: Richardkrebs
I do not understand how the time line test proves that the pod is not moving? All it is measuring is the platter's speed.
A basic understanding of the physics involved would help.
Halcro's TT is a direct drive Victor 101. This turntable employs active speed correction using servos. The error correction detection can only measure the difference in relative speed between the base and the platter - those who have studied engineering, physics and mathematics at university would recognise that this a closed system.

The POD exists outside the closed system, and as such if the POD is moving, the servo correction cannot be correcting for this outside force as it is not in the measurement loop.

Therefore if the POD is moving, theoretically, it would reveal itself in the timeline test.
Did I just awake....👀❓
This armpod definitely moves

That is a 50cms/dyne x 10 (-6) cartridge on a JMW 12 tonearm.
Theoretically it has no business on this tonearm and in fact this cartridge was not playable (too high compliance) when it was played on the same arm on my full plinth TT.
Just saying...make what you want from it. I believe the Symposium jrs, managed to sink resonances.
The result here was music that was quite listenable.
A long time ago. My son 16 at the time is the camera man and gave me all of 10 minutes of his time to put cartridge on and do the test.
Could not find a needed cartridge bolt washer so I improvised. Pls excuse the crude setup of cartridge.
I now realize I should of just set the camera on the armpod and left it there.
Richardkrebs "The song, I got U BABE".
My dreams, shall we say, are usually more exciting in content.

Yes Richard, but I rarely remember the good ones after I wake.......the nightmares ....tend to linger.

I Got You Babe

the song has some significance for me.
I was 3? at the time, but I can still remember seeing this on my parents little circular screen black and white tv for the first time.
I believe their show made a lasting impression on me. I say this because when my wife and I got married we went away to Palm Springs. Sonny had a restaurant there. We made a point of having dinner there one night and having our picture taken with him.
Charming fellow. We were saddened later, not sure now how much later it was now after we saw him, to learn he had died hitting a tree while skiing.

Thanks for the number crunching.