Baltimore MD

Anybody interested in starting a club or discussion grp
paulelliott01da
I'll add my thanks to Sang for hosting a fun afternoon talking audio and tweaking his system. I hope we were able to help improve the system for you so you can derive greater musical satisfaction.

Will
Thanks, guys. I had a lot of fun. I really appreciate you taking time out of a Sunday to do some 2 channel fellowship. The meeting was especially worthwhile for me since I was able to learn about my room as well as gain some valuable perspectives about my system.

I'd love some more information about the computer software and microphone that we were using. That was very enlightening.

I can't wait to listen to someone else's system.

Sang
Glad to see we have a nice group of interested people here, and I look forward to meeting you all.

If we are all going to try and stay in touch, any interested in maybe setting up a mailling list we can all message back and forth through for such events as I know we don't want to post addresses a public information here.

As I work in computers/internet for a living, it would take all of 10 minutes to create something like mdaudio.org or maybe mdaudiophile.org so we had in essence a home base for us to all use. From there we could create an opt-in maillist that interested parties could request to join, and send mail/info for the group to see so it would be redistributed.

Just a thought.. If any are interested I am happy to make it all happen...

-Howard
I think Howard's suggestion has some merit. I especially like the fact that we could have a web presence that could be helpful to attract more members. In turn, maybe that could be beneficial in the sense that we could get a retailer or manufacturer every once in a while to demo products for us (maybe if they're passing through Maryland). Just my 2 cents.
It all depends on what we want to do as a club. As we discussed last Sunday I thought we were going to keep it small and not "Too Public" for now. That was the reason we agreed with Paul Stein to use a list service to communicate. Some audio clubs get quite big and require a lot of management.