Baltimore MD

Anybody interested in starting a club or discussion grp
paulelliott01da
Glad to see we have a nice group of interested people here, and I look forward to meeting you all.

If we are all going to try and stay in touch, any interested in maybe setting up a mailling list we can all message back and forth through for such events as I know we don't want to post addresses a public information here.

As I work in computers/internet for a living, it would take all of 10 minutes to create something like mdaudio.org or maybe mdaudiophile.org so we had in essence a home base for us to all use. From there we could create an opt-in maillist that interested parties could request to join, and send mail/info for the group to see so it would be redistributed.

Just a thought.. If any are interested I am happy to make it all happen...

-Howard
I think Howard's suggestion has some merit. I especially like the fact that we could have a web presence that could be helpful to attract more members. In turn, maybe that could be beneficial in the sense that we could get a retailer or manufacturer every once in a while to demo products for us (maybe if they're passing through Maryland). Just my 2 cents.
It all depends on what we want to do as a club. As we discussed last Sunday I thought we were going to keep it small and not "Too Public" for now. That was the reason we agreed with Paul Stein to use a list service to communicate. Some audio clubs get quite big and require a lot of management.
Well my intention wasn't for any specific purpose or agenda, just trying to find ways to help keep communications open between everyone.

I don't think what I was talking about required some big organization or infrastructure to make happen, but guess that's cause I have done so much stuff like that over the years.

I just thought it might be nice to be able to email to to xyz@mdaudio.org or @baltimoreaudio.org and communicate with all interested people in the area (where xyz can be whatever). Then if we wanted to have a meeting, or to announce anything it could be done in a web page.

I talked a little to Paul in eMail, and what has been done to start is great. We can roll with that, or if there is enough interest/desire by the group I am happy to register a domain name for us to use as well. I mean we are only talking about a ten dollar investment..

I guess the bottom line is, it looks like the start of a nice group to start, and anything we can do to keep it going is great in my opinion..

-HL
Congrats gents, we are now in second place on the number of posts for Audio Clubs surpassing Cleveland (Cleveland rocks?!?)

IMHO, posting on this thread works for me, although I have joined the Yahoo Group Paul set up so I don't miss anything. We can make this as formal as most of us want, but I prefer the informal approach that led us to a fine afternoon at Sang's. My personal goals for the Baltimore Audio Club are to meet other audiofools, hear other people's systems (and music), have the opportunity to swap equipment, cables, etc. in and out of systems (mine especially, but others' as well) to find out what works for my tastes...
Maybe if everyone chimes in with their goals, we can move as a group in the most desired direction.

Oh heck, whoever wants to come over, bring a six-pack and some vinyl and let's groove. ;)