Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Amazing just how short it takes to go into the weeds. And flounder there. Hopefully, this thread will have a short life.

Personally, I've found that there is a difference but the differences pale in comparison to the price the higher up you go.

Tobb, have your tried different cables? If not, go to http://www.thecableco.com/ and try their 30 day trial program. All you'll be out is shipping costs and 5% of the cable price-you can decide for yourself.

All the best,
Nonoise
Everything in audio is more hype than value, including cables.

If that doesn't answer your question Tobb, Schipo will be along shortly to give you the straight scoop ;)
Rok2id,

I think I struck a nerve with my psychology reference. Every time someone mentions the word cable, you start posting like someone who escaped from a mental institution. It can be painful to watch. I don't mean to pry, but I think its time you considered getting some professional help. Really, its for your own good. As a friend I would strongly urge you to take Nonoise's advice and give the Cable Company a call. Its the best institution for someone like you. If you're patient, honest with yourself, and make a commitment to work through this ordeal, I believe they can restore your sanity and get your cable house in order. At this point, you have nothing to loose.
They do sound different - period. More money spent does not always equat to improved sound. One just has to listen to several/many and pic what they like the best. This is very personal and subjective.

I have learned that spending more money won't nesseccarily get you better sound in your system and to your ears.

For me simple, well constructed solid core copper cables sound best. No special pureness or anything. Just plain old Teflon coated, solid core copper in various gauges all bundled into a very thick and stiff cable.

To my ears and likes, they sound better then all high dollar silver cables I have tried. Again...for me. Another may need to spend big money for those pure silver cables as they sound best to them. It's all good and listen on!
Zd542,
I think you have me confused with someone else as pertains to wire. On this thread, I am just a messenger. All I posted, about cable, was from people a lot more knowledgeable than me. I just delivered the message. I didn't drink the Wire kool-aid, so I am not involved. Just trying to be helpful. HOWEVER, when some one says a cable is 'danceable', I have to speak. After all I am only human. There is only so much a human can take.
I am not a player is the wire debate. Blue Jeans is all need.

Cheers