Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Rok2id,

I think I struck a nerve with my psychology reference. Every time someone mentions the word cable, you start posting like someone who escaped from a mental institution. It can be painful to watch. I don't mean to pry, but I think its time you considered getting some professional help. Really, its for your own good. As a friend I would strongly urge you to take Nonoise's advice and give the Cable Company a call. Its the best institution for someone like you. If you're patient, honest with yourself, and make a commitment to work through this ordeal, I believe they can restore your sanity and get your cable house in order. At this point, you have nothing to loose.
They do sound different - period. More money spent does not always equat to improved sound. One just has to listen to several/many and pic what they like the best. This is very personal and subjective.

I have learned that spending more money won't nesseccarily get you better sound in your system and to your ears.

For me simple, well constructed solid core copper cables sound best. No special pureness or anything. Just plain old Teflon coated, solid core copper in various gauges all bundled into a very thick and stiff cable.

To my ears and likes, they sound better then all high dollar silver cables I have tried. Again...for me. Another may need to spend big money for those pure silver cables as they sound best to them. It's all good and listen on!
Zd542,
I think you have me confused with someone else as pertains to wire. On this thread, I am just a messenger. All I posted, about cable, was from people a lot more knowledgeable than me. I just delivered the message. I didn't drink the Wire kool-aid, so I am not involved. Just trying to be helpful. HOWEVER, when some one says a cable is 'danceable', I have to speak. After all I am only human. There is only so much a human can take.
I am not a player is the wire debate. Blue Jeans is all need.

Cheers
Rok2id, I agree with Zd542 here, you come off sounding like you have an ax to grind. Maybe you should go back on your meds, or at least stay away from Audiogon threads if they agitate you that much.

I was reading an article yesterday about Rafael Nadal's new $690,000 watch, and at no point did I find myself running around screaming that his watch was no different than my $69 Timex. That is how rational people behave. They allow others the freedom to choose items that do not interest them.

Seriously dude, chillax, before you pop a blood vessel and have a stroke.
Jmcgrogan2:
I am flabbergasted!!! Did you read the two post I submitted? Both were copies of info I got online. Are you saying the authors of the info were nuts also? I thought my comments were inline with all the other posters. Chayro was critical, and he was given the benefit of the doubt. People even 'explained' that he using sarcasm. I had no idea I was making a spectacle of my self. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll try to be more of a team player in the future.

Cheers