Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Mt10425:
Thanks for your words of support. You just doubled the size of the 'posse'. High Noon comes to mind.

Cheers
Rok2id, it's only a matter of time before you'll have to refuse membership
applications to this 'exclusive' posse because of excessive numbers and
management of 'fringe' members. ;)
I stand to be corrected!
We did a test this weekend with an 800.00 pair of interconnects that a contact loaned us and a 60.00 pair.
I can hear the difference but it was not in favor of the 800.00 pair.
Cables are an essential part of a system. The quality is so good these days you can get to a higher level without them. I will give you 2 examples. In 2004 I did blind tests for clients. I had a cd player of 2000 euro with a powercable od 2600 euro. And a cd player of 5000 euro with our most sols powercable of 100 euro. All people choose for the cd player and powercable of 2600 euro. They all were very surprised. Last week I received the latest Purist Audio LE powercable. I have the best articulation I ever had. Of all the cd's I played hundreds of times I easily can hear all the endings of words during singing. Even with poweramps which were 2 times more expensive I did not have this level in articulation. Cables can ad new qualities in your system what equipment cannot do.
check out an the experiences of a former cable skeptic in pinkfish audio forum
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum

"Just killed my hifi with a cable change ...."

from a personal perspective, as I moved up the hardware $$ ladder from $2K, to $8K, and now to $35K, I experienced the cables upgrade (~ 10 to 15% of budget) that followed suit with not-subtle similar favourable results in audio improvement and satisfaction.