Anyone have problems w/McIntosh warranty

I live in the middle of no where/ mid-west USA,no local dealers within 100s of miles from me.I bought a NEW McIntosh amp from dealer and had it shipped to me.The dealer first asked me to verify that I had no local dealer and told me over the phone that all paperwork would be in the crate, to send in the warranty info supplied which I did..McIntosh informed me via a letter that because it was purchased over the phone and shipped to me the warranty is invalid/void..Im posting half in protest to their policies and the other half to warn potential buyers..Last time I buy McIntosh!!!!
missioncoonery
You mean last time you buy from that dealer?Something funny here that needs further checking....good luck,Bob
Did you go to their website to find the closest dealer.

Take it up with the Dealer, and I suggest to check on the Mcintosh Web site if they are indead a dealer.

That's what I did before I bought.
I would first call the dealer and get their story on the matter. Second, I would call Mcintosh and try to work this out. Third, you may never need the warranty, but it is a nice piece of mind. Most of all, why bash Mcintosh for your lack of preparedness? A call before purchasing over the phone was in order. Mac is doing what a good manufacturer should, they are protecting everybody in the chain. Mac is good stuff and the customer support is top notch.

I don't think your going to find many folks here or anywhere that will bash Mcintosh for the warranty or customer service. A follow up and retraction my be in order. Best of luck.
It sounds to me like the dealer mislead you. You may have recourse to return the amp for a refund because you were misled, but the dealer is who you should take up the problem with. The good news is - it's a McIntosh. You probably will be far,far out of warranty before you ever need service. Good Luck.
Mcintosh will ONLY support product sales if you buy from an Authorized McIntosh Dealer. Their web site includes a dealer locator to find the Authorized McIntosh Dealer near you. You need to contact your dealer to determine if he is an authorized McIntosh Retailer. Based on your description, he sounds that he is not and so McIntosh refuses to provide a product warranty. Mcintosh product warranty and customer service is excellent but you have to buy Mcintosh products from an authorized McIntosh dealer. Did your dealer tell you he was an authorized Mcintosh dealer? I suggest you attempt to work these issues with your dealer.