Anyone have problems w/McIntosh warranty

I live in the middle of no where/ mid-west USA,no local dealers within 100s of miles from me.I bought a NEW McIntosh amp from dealer and had it shipped to me.The dealer first asked me to verify that I had no local dealer and told me over the phone that all paperwork would be in the crate, to send in the warranty info supplied which I did..McIntosh informed me via a letter that because it was purchased over the phone and shipped to me the warranty is invalid/void..Im posting half in protest to their policies and the other half to warn potential buyers..Last time I buy McIntosh!!!!
missioncoonery
I suggest you call McIntosh and review the facts of your purchase with them. McIntosh customer service is excellent and their policy of having to purchase McIntosh products over-the-counter or delivered and installed by an Authorized McIntosh Dealer has been in effect since day one. McIntosh products that are purchased over the Internet, by phone or mail order are presumed to be "used" and do not qualify for any McIntosh Warranty. The items you need to review with McIntosh are 1) How far are you from an authorized McIntosh dealer (exact number of miles)? 2) Is the dealer you purchased the unit from an authorized dealer and was this fact confirmed by McIntosh? 3) Did this particular dealer have a current McIntosh franchise when the unit was purchased? I am very confident that McIntosh will be happy to answer these questions and get the problem resolved.
Ibog1,

you said "I don't like it when someone casts a sidelong glance at a company based on untrue information."

and

"But taking your beef to a forum such as this and making the statement that you are through with a company based on this issue is being shortsighted and irrational."

You really need to pay attention when you are reading prior to just throwing around accusations as such, just as your "big 3" comments. Who cares! and I don't agree with you.

I think it's pretty bad that Missioncoonery is having to deal with this.

I was chatting with someone today about this and it was recommended you should go a little further up the chain of command than just talking to someone in customer service. They will be nice but in essence will still have to speak to their boss so why wast your time and energy explaining a couple of times, let us know what the end results are.

There still seems to be little known about source of the cause of this unhappy set of circumstances, as to "who dunnit?"

Was it the dealer who inadvertly made mention to the company? Or perhaps did the original poster send copy of the bill to McIntosh, (is this required by McIntosh?) thus "spilling the beans", and then McIntosh clearly saw that this wasn't an over the counter purchase? (No State Tax, etc?)

Once some more facts are known, which I have yet to see any mention of, aren't we all just spinning our wheels here? Or am I missing the point? Mark
I bought a used pair of MC 501's which I do find that they sound very good with my system. I do wonder why McIntosh doesn't have a transferrable warranty policy as do some of the other amplifier manufacturers. Either they don't have confidence in the quality and durability of their equipment or they do not believe that the majority of their customers take excellent care of their equipment. I bought the 501's on Audiogon from someone with excellent feedback and the amplifiers are in pristine condition. I knew I was taking the risk and that there was no warranty available. Still, it doesn't seem as if McIntosh believes very strongly in the quality of their own products.
Your comments remind me of a problem I have. The closest Mac dealer to me is 250 miles away, and I inquired from a dealer elswhere if he would sell me a C48 Pre, explaining my problem that no way was I driving 500 miles round trip to buy one. A day or two later, the Western Regional Sales Manager contacted me by e-mail, and said that anytime I was ready to buy, he would contact a dealer in Seattle to sell to me and the warranty would apply. He also stated he understood my situation, and although not standard practice for Mac, they would do this in my case. Maybe try appealing to your local regional sales manager and explain the problem to him. Can't hurt.