Speakers under $5000 maintained a reputation for quality sound over the last 15 years.

I am curious what speakers at $5000 or less that  have maintained their reputation for great sound over the last 12 years without major upgrades. 

Thank you.

S.J.

sunnyjim
Totem Acoustics and in particular, though not exclusively, the Hawk and Forest floor standers. They have introduced a higher end version of the Forest (Forest Signature) but the original-design Forest remains available from Totem.

Post removed 
Sonus Faber, Thiel. Many models, from both companies, can be found used for less than $5,000 in today’s market.
If we’re including pre-loved speakers, amongst established brands i’d include Klipsch, Harbeth, Devore Fidelity, Joseph Audio, Magnepan and Martin Logan. In newer players, Gold Note.
Ohm Walsh, JBL, Klipsch, another +1 for Vandies, SoundLab, Bowers & Wilkinson, Sonus Faber, Ascend Acoustics, Salk, Selah.

I've owned at least one from except SoundLab... some day, some day
My best friend had Sound Lab A1's.  WHAT THEY COULD DO!

For fun...we played 350 w/channel into each - and played an excellent recording of a steam-powered ralroad train approaching at max speed from afar...getting closer ( you start to feel vibrations in the floor) ..closer  (the house's wooden floor is rumbling now)....closer still ( the floor is shaking -...the train roars past ( the floor is threatening to rip away from the walls !!!!)  .  I WAS SCARED OUT OF MY SHOES!!!  
                    Neither of us had the guts to do it again.
Great speakers, all of the foregoing have their strengths but I bought a pair of Kharma Ceramique 2's years ago and they are still phenominal
I don't believe I've ever heard an Aerial speaker I did not like.  The 10t is an all time classic.
vandersteen 3 a sig, Aeriel acoustics 7b or 10t, Revel F30, Magnapan ...

Not 15 years old but Usher is very, very good....Dancer series.
Also if you can find for under $5000 the Wilson Audio Sophia 1, wow.!!
These are all recommended from personal experience ..I have owned all of these,  my favorite was Usher audio CP 8571..Dancer series.
Youll barely see any Phase Technology PC Line of speakers for sale on the used market. 

Ive owned the PC 3.1 Series II and recently purchased the newer versions a month or two ago the PC 3.5. These speakers have been in production since 2009-10. 
+1 for Magnepans and Thiels, pre-owned CS-2.3s, CS6, CS-2.4s all fit in your budget. 

There are many, but the first two responses hit my two immediate choices - Totem and Vandersteen.  Some of those old LS3/5A's are also nice if you have a small room.  

Thank you to all who have responded so far The information is helpful in looking back over 45 years of being involved in audio. 

I called off my new speaker quest about 3 months ago, but decided to resume it.  The Golden Ear Technology 7's  speakers are very good, but are not cutting it for me after 4 years of ownership

Before ascending into a new price category, I have considered the Ohm Walsh 1000's,  Magneplanar  .7 speakers. and a "used "pair of Von Schkwerit  V4's  These are three different approaches to sound.

Basically I am looking for a fuller sound than GAT 7's. without sacrificing coherency 

Cheers, S.J.      

NOTE:....Correction to my last response.

The speakers are VR-2 , NOT VR 4's

BTW, My equipment:   Amp: BAT VK 200 (100RMS)  Conrad Johnson PV-14SE line stage;  CD player: Ayre CX-7e mp .  Speaker cable is Grover Huffman  ZX series,

Thank you

I'll second the Phase Techs.  I have the PC 60 speakers (with subwoofer with built-in crossover) and they sound great.  I did replace the drivers several years ago (the foam surrounds had deteriorated) – the good folks at Phase Tech had them for about $100.00 each (they had to make up the subwoofer for me, but it was apparently no problem).  Still going strong!

No, they are not as good as my current daily listeners (Harbeth P3esr with REL t51 sub), but they only cost $650 (back in '84, equivalent to about $1600 today, about half the cost of the Harbeths/REL).  Amazing value!
@waterzlife 
" My best friend had Sound Lab A1's.  WHAT THEY COULD DO!

For fun...we played 350 w/channel into each - and played an excellent recording of a steam-powered ralroad train approaching at max speed from afar...getting closer ( you start to feel vibrations in the floor) ..closer  (the house's wooden floor is rumbling now)....closer still ( the floor is shaking -...the train roars past ( the floor is threatening to rip away from the walls !!!!)  .  I WAS SCARED OUT OF MY SHOES!!!  
                    Neither of us had the guts to do it again."
You made my morning!
Wilson Benesch
ProAc
M.Logan
Sonor Audio Claro 6.2 or 8.2
Sonor Audio is from South Africa.
Incredible value for money.
They also have a hybrid integrated amp there called the Predator and a BlackWidow power.
This drives ML and the rest stunningly. Exceptional detail and control.

Vandersteen's have always kept their value as well or better than most since they don't change that often.  They are a top value to begin with (at all price levels), so they are going to always be a good value on the open market.  

Companies that come out with a new model or mark whatever every two years hurt their own resale value.  Just look up on the site as to what speakers are really selling for and not just listed for and you will see.
Vandersteens and Maggies! Its a shame that Stereophile doesn't keep them on their semi-annual lists because they don't change models so often as to keep them in current review samples.
Seems like both are in Absolute Sounds.  Often I notice great components are in one and not the other.  Very political and that's why I rarely read them anymore.  JMHO.