Zerostat Milty really?

Ok. So I have massive amounts of static at times when playing vinyl. So much so that it can pull my arm from my table (Thorens TD-124) onto the platter when removing the lp. I am worried I will ruin my stylus when it hits. So I bought the Zerostat and have been using it according to the instructions and the static is still out of control. Is this thing for real or what? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. 
fromunda
Haven't tried this yet, but it's cheaper than all the gizmos out there:
https://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ekuv1gkqi54o905pfkl27j2p60&topic=25621.0

Best thing to do is use a humidifier with distilled water, and avoid pulling the LP from its sleeve until you're right next to the turntable.

The Zerostat works if it's non defective and used correctly. It may take more than one zap. It seems that many have received defective units, so test it with some cellophane or similar static-sensitive material.

The Zerostat works if it's non defective and used correctly. It may take more than one zap. It seems that many have received defective units, so test it with some cellophane or similar static-sensitive material.

Good advice. I have a Discwasher Zerostat, not the Milty, and it works every time.
 The directions may not state this, but fire the Zerostat at 3 areas of the record slowly pulling the trigger in, then out. Your last time firing it only pull the trigger in, then move the gun away from the disc and release the trigger. My Zerostat clicks if it's being done correctly.
These instructions can be found in the archives.

It really does seem like you have a dry environment, as stated by others.

@slaw Sir (?), I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. So I'm guessing that makes two of us...
Slaw, For what it's worth, my admonition to the OP that he should be sure he is using his Zerostat correctly should not be construed as a negative post.  Even if he did read the manufacturer's instructions, we all make errors in interpreting the written word, on the odd occasion.  So maybe he needs or needed to re-read them. Maybe not.

Furthermore, without much effort you can find at least 3 different ideas that circulate on the internet about what is the "correct" way to use these static guns, each slightly different from the other.  For example, contrary to what Lowrider wrote, I have been led to believe that the Zerostat (or Xerostat) should NOT click during the very slow pulling or releasing of the trigger, for best results.  I'm not even saying that Lowrider is incorrect; I am only pointing out the vagaries of static removal.
Simple test-do you grind your own coffee beans? If you do, you've experienced coffee bean grounds clinging to the catch-basin. Practice with your Milty Zerostat. If you don't see the clinging grounds drop off like dead flies, there is something wrong.