Hegel H590 List $13,500. Reasonable?

So I just saw the Darko Audio review for the Hegel H590 and thought I'd take a look into the price. I'm well aware that their gear is made in China, which isn't the topic of this thread really but it's somewhat related... anyway

Considering that the amp is made in China, is this price reasonable or fair? It puts it into the 5 figure price range which can get you an Accuphase or Luxman top of the line integrated. Or even Pass Labs.

I was honestly very surprised at this price, I thought it would be about half of the price it's going for.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls
Considering the quality of the HegelH590, its various connections, power ouput, Dac and last but not least its capabilities, its price than seems reasonable in comparison with the competition, but of course the best way is to audition it .  I understand that the higher end Sonus Faber speakers are now made in China, but it has not affected its prices?  However if one wants to go the opposite way how about Simaudio Moon amps, 10 year warranty all made in Canada, or Naim Amps made in UK with proven pedigree in all matters relating to customer service. 
Post removed 
 We recently received a h590 at the hifi audio shop I work per time at in Edmonton. We have it playing on a pair of PMC Fact 12s.  I have to admit that it’s the best integrated amplifier I have ever heard. 
  Hegel makes no mention of Chinese manufacturing  anywhere that I have seen. But let’s be real, there are some great manufacturers companies in China. I don’t think it’s the Chinese manufacturing, it’s the $13,000 price tag.  
  What I’ve heard from this new Hegel integrated amp, I would definitely put it in my rack. Cheers 
Hegel makes great sounding gear that is very well built regardless of where they put it together.

Their digital has gotten much better as well.

Their products are not cheap but not over the top either.

They do a REALLY good job at combining excellent resolution and transparency with really good dynamics but with a relaxed sound.

Some may say too laid back but that is not accurate. It is one of those amps that is appreciated over a longer time and over time they grow more and more on you.  

Their discrete engine tech is legit. Low distortion and clean and tight but smooth. They actually do a really good job at things others just can't seem to get right.  

They actually have a very sophisticated and refined sound   

The question is IMO has little do with where they assemble the parts but more to the point "is this the sound you want"? Does it fit with what I am after system totality wise.

Do not fear their quality of build or sound because both are top notch. The build design maybe understated but the quality is legit first rate for its price point. 

Me, I like my music a little more raw. With a little more bite and a little more down and dirty.

I want my amp to get up in there. I want to refine things out on the source end.

I like Pass a lot for this but not as much with their integrated's which are fine just not as great as their amps IMO. 

Hegel doesn't make any good preamp's as they are all crap IMO but they do a real nice integrated so go figure on that one..

I like the ARC REF or Simaudio Evolution for their preamps for their speed and transparency but overall prefer the Pass amps but they are just more to my taste is all.

The China thing definitely doesn't help them for sure so I agree with you  

For me the Hegel is just a little too nice but that might be just what the other person looking at it wants,

My source might so refined I want more grit out of my amp and you might have more grit from your source and want more refinement out of you amp but there is no question that it is good quality unit.

These are the question I would be asking.

I actually wouldn't mind hearing one because I know for a fact that Hegel has put a bunch of work, energy and resources into improving their digital and it is so much better than it was just a few years ago.

This amp takes Ethernet direct to stream Roon right in the Int. amp and unfold the MQA Files which is awesome for an integrated.

I am not sure most people understand just how much better direct Ethernet is verse USB but word is starting to get out.

When Brian Zolner of Bricasti fame put the direct Ethernet in the M1 DAC it changed everything. It made a great DAC and insanely good DAC.

When I was talking to Brain he was explaining just how ethernet has so many inherent SQ fundamental advantages over USB. It is just so much easier to get much better sound quality from verse USB and if you work at it then it demolishes USB and now this amp is offering the Ethernet direct input so if it is anything like what Brain put in the Bricasti then this could be a very special and unique integrated?  

They rebuilt and upgraded their output stage and doubled down on already very good power supply and with their 2nd Gen proprietary engine tech has always been great so this has the change to be a pretty serious combo. 

Moreover, this amp should be available around $7500 - $8000 in US early 2019 and even though I prefer Pass amps, Simaudio Evolution preamps and Bricasti digital this is an integrated I would love to hear in my system for sure. Certainly over any Mac integrated. No disrespect but they are not really even trying to compete with the stuff we are talking about here.