Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
Based on the patent wording (According to additional implementations of the invention, a very low mass mid-range and high frequency type transducer is specifically dedicated to reproducing efficiently the overtone spectra contained in music) I'd say that what is being Protected/Covered by the patent is (polygon-oriented, triple-ring radiator high frequency array).

Reading through the various Tekton threads...its clear that some people like this new array and are buying Tekton products...others don't....no big deal and no surprise...not everyone loves Wilson or Goldenear or Manepan or KEF or (fill in the blank here....).

What is a little weird (compared to other product threads) is that those who dislike Tekton are so vocal....and at the same time don't spend a lot of time promoting their preferred product.....again, no big deal...but maybe a little frustrating???

We all know that just because Teajay likes it doesn't guarantee that it will sound good in our rooms....but any time someone does comparisons with other products...WE all now have more points to triangulate to help make better decisions.

Why is that a good thing?  Because if like me, you live 2000 miles away from a guy who is going to ship you big speakers you may not like...you may save yourself $400 in return freight after the 30 days are up.

I'm with Mapman thinking we should all be more open to reviews and comparisons that may help us keep costs down....and again...keep products made in America!!!

One more thing....you might have noticed that people who have reviewed multiple Goldenear, KEF, Magnepan, Tekton, etc. and like one of them like most of their other products....probably because of similar voicing and not because of something  nefarious.
I’ve heard Tekton’s once (double Impacts) at CAF 2017 and they sounded good enough to definitely rate as contenders in their price range. Their unique thing is physically a lot of tube-amp friendly speaker for not as many bucks as other "high end" contenders which is a nice value proposition for many tube amp loving audiophiles. Yes and made in the good old USA.

BTW Zu prices seem to have  really skyrocketed in recent years.  Am I off base there?

If you call Teajay , he will accommodate you, and I benefited from Him, He guided me what tekton speakers for my taste and my room size, I have a friend who is very greatful to Teajay, He likes his gear and speakers review, I do too. If you guys have anything against Erik , Don’t buy his product then.And let’s all move on, Honestly with the negative comment on Erik , I still bought one of his speakers, I was treated right...And now Iam enjoying his speakers, they are good....
Guess I'm not the only one tired of you promoting this speaker line.on Audiogon...Give it break,please!