Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
It's interesting note that many are more concerned with the defense of their "beliefs" rather than the pieces of metal in question.
@ Rok2id,no my entire system cost $70,000.00 ,not the cables!,thou the cables did cost more than the componets,as time gos,I can move up the componet food chain and not worry about changing cables ever!cheers!
****It's interesting note that many are more concerned with the defense of their "beliefs" rather than the pieces of metal in question.****

Yes, on both sides of the question: those who spend the money and those who don't (won't). At the end of the day, it is probably those who look for value/reasonable cost who get it right; for whatever this is worth, since a hobby is just that, a hobby.
The ones who get it right, IMO, are those who buy what they can actually hear and don't buy what they can't.
Audiolabyrinth:

I misread about the cost of your cables. Now I understand, your cables cost over 35,000 dollars. Hell, that ain't so bad. I am sure you hear every dollar. So excuse my previous outbrust. But I do have a question about this statement:

"I can move up the componet food chain and not worry about changing cables ever!cheers!"

Audiolabyrinth my friend, it just don't work like that. If you change a component. you must change the cables, because these things are very carefully matched and any component change requires the wire to be changed. Go back to your book on 'How to be an Audiophile' and look up the chapetr on SYNERGY. Ever hear of it? You mix the wrong wire with the wrong component and you could suffer severe ear hemorrhage!

Your plan / theory sounds logical, but in the audiophile universe, homo sapiens logic does not apply.
Pay attention. You have a lot to learn about WIRE! :) It's not as simple as you seem to think. You can't just buy expensive good wire and then think you are fixed for life! I can, you can't. I have Blue Jeans 10awg, and that's all I will ever need. It's one of the advantages of having a cheap, one notch above YORX, non-audiophile stereo system. But you are running with the big boys. Those guys with golden ears and deep pockets. That's a different game!
Watch your back and your wallet!

Best wishes on your journey.
Cheers