Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
What Fermer said is not what the present day high-end is all about. Back then, the music was great and people wanted the highest fidelity possible, to hear it. It was all about the music. The gear was just a necessity.

Now days, audiophiles buy mega systems, and then go in search an 'audiophile grade' recording to play on that system. It's all about the gear. Music is just the software.

My statement still stands. Like the founding Fathers, I find these truths to be self-evident.

Cheers
Again, extreme posits put forth as truth without question as only you can see it.
Objectivity my man. Objectivity. No one holds all the cards.

All the best,
Nonoise
High quality recordings of good music were a novelty early on. That is the difference, not that the music was better. 50+ years later, its old hat and more all over the place, and not as big a deal as back then. People have many more options regarding how to spend their leisure time.
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced oontext largely determines how people respond to music. People relate to music based on their experiences. Its an emotional thing. If it registers with someone, it does not suck. Someone relates to it, even if not you. If noone or few people ever do, then I would say it is sucking material. Popular music registers the most. So it cannot suck. Attitudes can change over time. if people continue to relate to it years later, that is the ultimate test. Time always tells. There is no right or wrong, ggod or bad combination of notes, chords, whatver without a person out there somewhere to appreciate it or not.