Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Wow.
That's the kind of logic that gets the Heritage Foundation in trouble.
Coach a bias in something resembling academia and you can feel better saying it.

All the best,
Nonoise
IMO, people are forgetting that a lot of the music during the 60's also "sucked" and the rate of "suckage" is probably no greater today than in yesteryear. It's just that the better music stands the test of time and continues to be enjoyed while the lesser quality music falls away...I do recall that the 1960's gave us the musical stylings of Herman's Hermits, Bobby Goldsboro and Tiny Tim, all of which were popular in the day.

As I get, ahem, more 'mature', I find myself more open to all kinds of music. I'd hate to miss out on some of the great new music by restricting myself to the music of a bygone era...my $.02.
I don't think there will ever be a time when kids and old codgers agree on which music is good and which sucks.

Better to avoid the term "sucks" altogether. "Not my cup of tea" is probably a more accurate assessment and also happens to sound a lot better.
Different dynamic way back when. Music was full of politics; industrial revolution in fruition, birth of rock n' roll, beatniks, long hair, hippie movement. It was 1963 when I saw two guys walking down our street with hair way down past their shoulders(serious pioneers). The 'Beatle' hair cut and boots were in vogue. As they walked by, my father commented "Look at those degenerate apes. From behind you can't tell if they're women or men". His tone was literally murderous. His ignorance was the catalyst for his hatred of the new music. He was 38. To a kid, definitely an old codger. Once his and even older generations got used to the hair, there was lots of toe-tapping and humming then current music going on. It took about 5-6 years. Maybe not hard-rock but there was lots going on besides that. 'Yesterday' became my dad's fav in 1967. Longer hair covering the ears became fashionable for older men, 'Beatlemania' having taken root to the farthest reaches of society. So kids and old codgers always agreed on which music is good and which sucks whether they admitted it or not.